Go To Search
Click to Home

Social Services
Report of Maltreatment
To report suspected maltreatment or abuse of a child or a vulnerable adult in an emergency, dial the police at 9-1-1.

Child Protection Reports:
To make a child protection report: call Watonwan County Human Services at (507) 375-3294 or (888) 299-5941, Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and ask to speak with the Social Services Intake worker. For evenings, weekends, and holidays call (507) 375-3121 and state that you need to make a child protection report.

Adult Protection/Vulnerable Adult Reports:
To make an adult maltreatment/vulnerable adult report, call the Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC) at 844-880-1574 (24 hours/day).

Crisis Support

Contact Us

Amy Pluym
Social Services Supervisor - Adult 

Ph: (507) 375-7840

Kathy Carlson
Social Services Supervisor - Children 
Ph: (507) 375-7839
Watonwan County Human Services
715 Second Ave. S.
P.O. Box 31
St. James, MN 56081

Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 4:30 pm