Building Permits


Land use and building permits are required for the development and improvement of any property in the county outside of the incorporated towns and villages. The standards applied for these permits are spelled out in the Watonwan County Zoning Ordinance. Watonwan County does not enforce the uniform building code.

Permit Application

Application for a building permit shall be made to the Zoning Administrator by contacting the Environmental Services office or you can print the building permit application (pdf) form and return the application to:
Watonwan County Land Management
108 8th Street S
Suite 2
St. James, MN 56081