What is Child and Teen Checkups?
Minnesota's Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) program is committed to creating and improving health throughout the state of Minnesota. The C&TC program is a benefit for children, birth through20 years of age, who are eligible for Medicaid. A Child and Teen Checkup is a well-child check that is done at different ages, to help children stay healthy, and to take care of any health concerns or problems early.
Child and Teen Checkups include:
- Information about good physical and mental health
- Time to ask questions and get answers about your child's health, behavior, and development
- Time to discuss thoughts, feelings, and relationships
- Complete head to toe physical examination
- Vision check
- Hearing check
- Labe tests (as needed)
- Checks development and growth
- Fluoride varnish treatments for certain ages
- Referral to a dentist - early dental checkups help keep teeth healthy and ensure your child does not develop cavities or other tooth problems
- Use this check for Head Start, Women Infant and Children (WIC), school, child-care, camp, and sports physicals
Child and Teen Checkups are wellness exams (or regular checkups) required to provide quality health care for children, teens, and young adults who are eligible for Medical Assistance (MA).
Infants, children, adolescents, and young adults through the age of 20 on Medical Assistance (MA), should have Child and Teen Checkups.
Regular checkups are important for health. Your doctor or clinic will tell you when checkups are due for you or your child. The Child and Teen Checkups program reminds families when it is time for a checkup by sending letters, calls, and texts.
Child and Teen Checkups help children and teens on the path to greater success in school. Also, it gives a teen or young adult an opportunity to talk with their doctor or nurse about issues like smoking, drug use, sexual health – issues that a parent and teen do not feel comfortable talking about.
Annual health checkups are important for all family members to help prevent illness. Child and Teen Checkups are free by your Minnesota Medical Assistance Health Plan.
People can get Child and Teen Checkups from your doctor.
Or Contact – Michele Johnson, Health Services Program Aide
Watonwan County Public Health
712 2nd Ave. S. St. James, MN 56081
Direct Line: 507-375-7865 or Main Number: 507-375-3294
Find Reward Incentives offered at: