Application Information

Public Assistance

If you receive public assistance and a parent is absent from your household, a referral will be sent to the child support unit to open a case.

To Apply For Child Support Services

If you are not receiving public assistance (Minnesota Family Investment Plan, Medical Assistance, Minnesota Care, or Child Care Assistance), you can apply for child support services through your county child support office. You will need to complete the application for services. There is a 2% fee collected for each payment collected.

Request an Application

Apply for Child Support Services:

You can now sign up for child support services using the new electronic application and submit online; or you can fill out the new PDF application and mail or deliver it to this agency.

Click on this link to get to Applying for Services.

For more information or to request an application for Child Support be mailed to you, call the Watonwan County Child Support Unit at 507-375-3294 or 888-299-5941.