Maps & Permits
- County Highway Map (PDF)
- Cities of Watonwan County Map (PDF)
- 2021 Preliminary Seal Coat and Fog Seal Plan (PDF)
- 2021 Preliminary Graveling Plan (PDF)
The online permit forms are "fillable" or they can be printed and completed by hand.
Please follow these steps to use the fillable feature:
1. Save blank form as a .pdf to computer.
2. Open form on computer and type information onto the form and save again.
3. The completed form can now be emailed to the County at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drainage Tile Parallel to County Road (PDF) - Required for any new tile line parallel to a Watonwan County road. For work on existing tile structures use General Work In County Right-of-Way permit. These permits are subject to County Board approval. Board meetings take place on the first and third Tuesdays of the month.
- Drainage Tile Crossing County Road (PDF) - Required for any new tile line crossing a Watonwan County road. For work on existing tile structures use General Work In County Right-of-Way permit. These permits are subject to County Board approval. Board meetings take place on the first and third Tuesdays of the month.
- Entrance/Driveway Permit Application Form (PDF) - Required to be obtained by the landowner prior to construction of any new driveway, field entrance, street, or commercial access on a Watonwan County road where there is currently none. Also required when changing use of an existing access, for example, changing a residential access to a commercial access. For work on existing entrances use General Work In County Right-of-Way permit.
- General Work in County Right-of-Way Permit (PDF) - Required for any non-utility work in Watonwan County right-of-way such as, but not limited to, maintenance/repairs to existing tile structures, maintenance/repairs to an existing entrance, widening of an existing entrance (see entrance guidelines here), general landscaping, excavations, grading or other installations within the County highway right-of-way. Also required for closing a traffic lane or obstructing any part of a County road right-of-way for non-excavation activity.
- Oversize/Overweight Load Permit (PDF) - Required for any oversized and/or overweight load that is transported on Watonwan County roads.
- Public Works Fee Schedule (PDF)
If you are unsure which permit to use, please email email@example.com or call 507-375-3393 with any questions.