MN DNR Licenses and Registrations

Recreational Vehicles Registration

Please bring proof of identity, such as a valid Driver's License or valid State issued ID card.

  • Snowmobiles
  • Off-Highway Vehicle (Including ATV’s – Class 1 & Class 2, Off-Highway Motorcycles, Off-Road Vehicles)
  • Watercraft (Boats, Jet Skis, Canoes, Kayaks, etc.)MN DNR Licenses and Vehicle Registrations – Includes regulations and requirements for MN DNR licenses and Registrations

To transfer, we need the Minnesota Registration number and name of the person it was purchased from on a signed bill of sale.

Some watercraft are titled. If a watercraft is titled, the title must be presented in order to transfer it. If it is a non-titled boat, we will need a signed bill of sale.

Customers who wish to renew a recreational vehicle (Boat, ATV, OHV, etc.) registration that is not registered to them without a renewal card at the time of the visit will need to provide a Consent to Release Private Data for Recreational Vehicle form.