- Watonwan County COVID Vaccine Update
- Vaccine Appointment Resources
- Pharmacies who are administering the COVID-19 Vaccine
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics with Public Health:
Please click the corresponding links to schedule your appointment or call 507-375-3294.
Watonwan County Public Health has Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine clinics available for those 18 years and older. (first dose, second dose, third dose, and boosters for eligible populations)
Moderna Vaccine Link to schedule appointment:https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=21441916&appointmentType=23123454¬embedded=1
Other COVID-19 Vaccine Providers:
Sterling Drug Pharmacy: https://www.yoursterlingpharmacy.com/pharmacy/fairmont
Thrifty White: https://www.thriftywhite.com/covid19vaccine
Peterson Drug-Mountain Lake: Call 507-427-2707 for availability or check https://www.nucara.com/coronavirus
Madelia Health: Call 507-342-5214 and leave a message with the following:
- First Name, Middle Name, Last Name
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Call 507-375-3261 to schedule in St. James
- Call 507-594-2100 to schedule an appointment to receive your vaccine in Fairmont, Mankato or New Prague.
We encourage individuals to check this page weekly for any updates.
If you or someone you know needs assistance scheduling their appointment please call Human Services at 507-375-3294 during open hours!
RECIEVING THE COVID-19 VACCINE FROM WATONWAN COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH?
Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
Have You Been Fully Vaccinated?
People are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
If it has been less than 2 weeks since your shot, or if you still need to get your second dose, you are NOT fully protected. Keep taking all prevention steps until you are fully vaccinated.
Watonwan County Public Health offers FREE COVID Testing:
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY on Tuesday's from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and again from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
To schedule your COVID Testing appointment online, click here, or call 507-375-3294 for assistance.
Order an at-home COVID-19 test at no cost
Vault: No-Cost COVID Testing For All Minnesotans CLICK HERE
COVID-19 Community Testing Sites: CLICK HERE
Find Testing Locations: CLICK HERE
I got Tested- Now What?: CLICK HERE
- Fever or Chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- This list does not include all possible symptoms. The CDC will continue to provide updated information as they learn about COVID-19 on their website located HERE. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Stay home if you are sick.
- If you are older or have certain underlying medical conditions, it is helpful to let your health care provider know you are sick. They may have specific advice for you.
- Seek medical care right away if your symptoms get worse or you have difficulty breathing. Before going to the doctors office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them your symptoms. They will tell you what to do.
- For more information about caring for yourself or others CLICK HERE. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Hennepin County Calculator: CLICK HERE
- Otter Tail County Calculator: CLICK HERE
- I Think or Know I had COVID-19, and I had Symptoms. When can I be Around Others?
- I Had COVID-19, But No Symptoms. When Can I Be with Others? @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- If you or someone you care about is in immediate danger, call 911.
- South Central Crisis Center 24-Hour Crisis Line: 877-399-3040
- CADA- Domestic Abuse 24-Hour crisis line 800-477-0466 or text 507-223-4200
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline connect by phone at: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Toll-free in the U.S. 24 hours a day.
- Crisis Text Line: Text “MN” to 741741
- Minnesota Mobile Mental Health Crisis Line: Call **CRISIS (**274747).
- Minnesota Crisis Connection: 866-379-6363
- Sexual Violence Resource Center: 866-806-6171
- MN WarmLine Peer Support Connection: Call or text 844-739-6369 (5:00 pm to 9:00 am) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>