Substance Use Services
If you require a substance use disorder comprehensive assessment or you are court ordered to obtain one; see below:
Substance Use Disorder Comprehensive Assessments:
As of July 1, 2022, The compressive assessment replaces the Rule 25 assessment. Watonwan County no longer provides assessment services.
A comprehensive assessment is used, by a licensed alcohol and drug counselor, to determine if a person is diagnosed with a substance use disorder. It also provides recommendations for an appropriate level of treatment. Direct Access allows individuals to go directly to a treatment provider to receive a comprehensive assessment and a referral to appropriate treatment options as appropriate.
- Individuals on Medical Assistance are eligible for direct access without any further action needed (see below for links to area substance use providers)
- Individuals on a PMAP need to seek services within the health plan network so check with your insurance provider to ensure coverage for the assessment/service.
- Individuals not on Medical Assistance or a PMAP may qualify for the Behavioral Health Fund, income guidelines exist and Watonwan County Human Services is responsible for determining eligibility. Contact the Intake Worker at 507-375-3294 to access this process. Behavioral Health Fund Request Form
Agape: 305 9th St, Windom, MN 56101 (507) 832-8033
House of Hope: 1429 3rd Ave, Mankato, MN 56001 (507) 625-4373
New Ulm: 1324 5th St N, New Ulm, MN 56073 (507) 217-5000
Christian Family Solutions: 44 Good Counsel Dr, Mankato, MN 56001 (800) 438-1772
Nystrom and Associates: 201 N Broad St, Mankato, MN 56001 (507) 200-2624
NUWAY Mankato Counseling Center: 802 S Front St Mankato MN 56001 (507)-295-4940
- email@example.com: Virtual comprehensive assessments available
Your Path: Effective, flexible addiction treatment (yourpathhealth.org) Virtual comprehensive assessments available
Hybrid Counseling: Home - Hybrid Counseling Virtual comprehensive assessments available
Common Ground: Common Ground (commongroundmn.org) Virtual comprehensive assessments available
Additional providers searchable database: http://www.fast-trackermn.org/
- Alcoholics Anonymous in Mankato
- Minnesota Preventation Resource Center
- State of Minnesota's Department of Human Services ADAD webpage
- Minnesota Recovery Connections
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration
- Minnesota Statute 253B - the "Minnesota Commitment and Treatment Act"
- AlcoholHelp Website
- Get help for alcohol and drug use problems