How do I apply for a public defender?

If you, the parent, are requesting a public defender, you need to complete the application form and it will be presented to the judge for determination. If one is granted, you will be notified of the name and phone number of the attorney. If one is not granted, you will have to obtain your own attorney if you wish to have one. You may pick up the form at the court administrator's office at:
710 Second Avenue S
St. James, MN 56081

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a public defender?
2. Will my son / daughter be represented by an attorney?
3. My son / daughter got a ticket. What do we do? He/she is a juvenile.